The purpose of the City of Palm Desert Office of the Fire Marshal is to provide services aimed at reducing the risk of fire and injuries to the public. Our staff ensures public safety is maintained by accomplishing the following duties:
- Adopts and enforces codes and ordinances relative to fire and life safety issues associated with commercial, industrial, and residential development.
- Coordinates the inspection of commercial buildings, and enforces hazardous materials regulations
- Works with Developers and City planning departments on development projects impacting fire protection services from conception through planning process approval.
- Conducts new construction inspections, fire safety inspections, and State Fire Marshal-required inspections, and enforces applicable fire codes and ordinances
- Interacts with Developers, Architects, and Engineers to meet the fire protection requirements for buildings and developments by reviewing all architectural blue prints, development plans, and proposals submitted in the City of Palm Desert.
- Coordinates Business Inspection program, so all the businesses within the City of Palm Desert are evaluated for Fire and Life Safety hazards.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION - Kiddie Smoke Detector Recall