From the big city glitz and glamour of Fashion Week El Paseo to the friendly small town spirit of annual community celebrations like Independence Day and the Golf Cart Parade, Palm Desert is home to a wide array of special events that offer something for everyone.
For more information about Palm Desert's many special events, visit our online Event Calendar.
For specific questions about City of Palm Desert events, please call 760-346-0611, ext. 425 or email email@example.com.
Special Event Permitting
The Special Events Application below has been designed to ensure the success of events in Palm Desert. A Special Event Application is required for an organized activity that incorporates the use of:
- City property, City streets, sidewalks, rights-of-way; and/or
- Outdoor private property including parking lots, only when the property is part of a special event venue that includes City public property and permission has been received by the property owner/manager (for example, a parking lot used as a venue for a street festival).
Examples of activities that require a Special Event Application include festivals, parades, runs/walks, and farmers/art markets.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to submit their applications at least 60 days prior to the proposed event date if the event does not require road closures or other special considerations.
For events requiring road closures or other special considerations, applications must be submitted at least 120 days prior to the proposed event date.
Review the Special Event Reference Guide below prior to completing an application. The guide details the application process and requirements and ensures that all necessary elements of the event have been addressed.
Completed applications and any required attachments can be submitted to Vanessa Mager at firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to:
City of Palm Desert
73510 Fred Waring Drive
Palm Desert, CA 92260-2578
Events on Private Property
If you would like to host an event outdoors located exclusively on private property, such as your business parking lot, a Temporary Use Permit (TUP) must be completed and submitted to the City’s Planning Department.
For more information, please call 760-776-6483 or email email@example.com.
Events at the Park
If you want to host an event at a City park, please contact the Desert Recreation District at 760-347-3484.
(includes all documents listed below)
- Special Event-Related Permits
- Temporary Tents, Canopies, Membrane Structures, Bleachers, Platforms and Stages
- Temporary power / generators
- Trash and Recycling
- Street Closure and Reopening
- Alcohol Management
- Fireworks displays / pyrotechnics / special effects
- Site Plan/Route Map
- Amplified Sound or Music
- Crowd Managers