In order to comply with the "Stay-At-Home" order issued by Governor Gavin Newsom, Palm Desert City Hall is closed for in-person business until further notice.
Please note the following:
Email, fax and voicemail inquiries for the Housing Division in City Hall are being responded to daily by staff, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Property management staff are on site at our Palm Desert Housing Authority communities and are available to assist any prospective or current resident via email, fax, and telephone. Please note that leasing offices are closed for in-person business until further notice. Property management will continue to provide the following services:
- Daily response to email, fax and voice mail inquiries.
- New prospective resident applications are being accepted via email.
- Due to COVID-19 mandates, current resident emergency recertification requests are being accepted via email, fax or may be placed in a sealed envelope in the office drop box.
- Payments will continue to be received at the office drop box.
- Service requests will still be attended to, however, on an emergency basis only for Health & Safety concerns (i.e., fire, flood, smoke detectors, emergency plumbing, electric, heating and air).
- Laundry Facilities will remain open during normal hours, 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Unfortunately, at this time the following services will NOT be provided at the communities:
- All resident events are postponed until further notice.
- All resident services buildings including, Pools, Spas, Saunas, Computers, Libraries, etc. are closed until further notice.
- All common areas are closed.
- Packages will no longer be accepted in the office for residents. Carriers will be advised to deliver packages to the resident’s door directly if the package does not fit in a unit specific mailbox or the on-site parcel lockers.
- Service requests for general, non-emergency items are suspended until further notice (i.e., blind slats, light bulb change out, etc.).
All tenant inquiries, questions about certifications, or maintenance concerns should be directed to your property manager or RPM’s Palm Desert Local Office at (760) 674-1139.
Please click here for a list with contact information for Palm Desert Housing Authority Properties.
For all other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 776-6412.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times.
The Palm Desert Housing Authority operates over 1,100 subsidized affordable rental units. The complexes are located throughout the city, vary in size and character and serve both multi-family and senior tenants.
For a complete list of the Authority Subsidized Rental Properties, click here.
The Authority’s properties are managed by RPM Company. RPM handles the day-to-day management and operations including pre-screening, leasing, annual income certifications, tenant requests, and overall maintenance.
For more information about whether you qualify for a subsidized rental unit, please contact RPM; by email mailto:email@example.com, by phone (760) 674-1139, or complete the Guest Card and return it to the complex you are interested in.
If you are an existing tenant, all tenant inquiries, questions about certifications, or maintenance concerns should be directed to your property manager or RPM’s Palm Desert Corporate Office at (760) 674-1139.
To ensure equitable treatment of all resident tenants, the Authority established policies and procedures for its rental units. Every resident tenant is required to acknowledge receipt of the Administrative Plan at the signing of their first lease.
Don’t have access to a printer? A copy of the Administrative Plan is also available at all leasing offices.
Other Rental Opportunities
Affordable Housing Opportunities in other Coachella Valley Cities (prepared by Coachella Valley Association of Governments)
The Authority complies with the Fair Housing Act, the Fair Housing Amendments Act of 1988 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 and does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or familial status.