In order to comply with the "Stay-At-Home" order issued by Governor Gavin Newsom, Palm Desert City Hall is closed for in-person business until further notice.
Please note email, fax and voicemail inquiries for the Housing Division in City Hall are being responded to by staff daily, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
All tenant inquiries, questions about certifications, or maintenance concerns should be directed to your property manager or RPM’s Palm Desert Local Office at (760) 674-1139.
For all other questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (760) 776-6412.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work through these unprecedented times.
The City Council’s commitment to affordable housing is evident by the housing programs, while scaled back due to the elimination, still offer a variety of housing opportunities and programs.
- Homeownership opportunities for first-time homebuyer households of lower incomes based on Riverside County Area Median Income (AMI) limits. (These opportunities vary from time to time but the City maintains an interest list for households that are interested in homes that were previously assisted and become available for resale.) Click here to download a Prequalification Questionnaire for homes that may become available.
- Subsidized rental opportunities for persons and households of lower incomes based on AMI limits (These communities are owned by the PDHA, however, other subsidized rentals are available in the City, see Developer Provided Affordable Rental Housing Opportunities below)
- Home Improvement Program for emergency situations in the form of emergency grants for households that own their home and qualify as low income based on the AMI. Please contact the finance department at (760) 346-0611 for more information.
- Developer subsidized rental opportunities
- Senior assisted living for lower income persons
- Veteran’s housing. The City is currently working with Habitat for Humanity to donate a lot for the purpose of providing a home for a disabled veteran. Please contact the Housing Department or Habitat for Humanity at (760) 969-6917 or http://www.cvhfh.org/ for more information.