The Outside Agency / Charitable Contributions Committee oversees a grant process for non-profit, school and community-based organizations, meeting annually to review applications received during its funding cycle. The goal is to identify and provide for unmet needs and services that serve the City of Palm Desert and its residents. The Committee is comprised of a five-member Board: two City Council Members, City Manager, City Treasurer and City Attorney. Please refer to the City’s Funding Criteria for Non-Profit Agencies and PTO/School Organizations for additional requirements for funding approval.
The funding timeline is as follows (all dates are subject to change):
- January 10, 2020: Applications are made available online for the upcoming fiscal year
- Friday, March 13, 2020: Deadline to submit applications- NO LATER THAN NOON (12:00 P.M.)
- April 2020: Applications are reviewed by the City's Outside Agency / Charitable Contributions Committee at a public meeting
- May 28, 2020: City Council reviews the recommendations presented by the Outside Agency / Charitable Contributions Committee and approves selected applicants for funding in the upcoming fiscal year (4:00 p.m., Council Chamber)
- June 2020: All Applicants are contacted and advised of recommendations. Agreements are issued to successful applicants for funds available beginning July 1, 2020. Funds are issued on a reimbursement basis upon completion of agreed-upon programs and/or services.
The application is now available: