Important Updates: Click here for CORONAVIRUS/COVID-19 information


Firearms Dealer Permits

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option
A Firearms Dealer must first have a Federal Firearms Permit by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, as well as a California Certificate of Eligibility from the California Bureau of Firearms. Once licensed by the Federal and State agencies, they present their permit and certificates, accompanied by livescan fingerprinting, to the City whereby a regular business license is issued. The fee for the license is based on gross receipts (Category A), and the business location must be reviewed and approved by the Planning Department.